The Journey Begins
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you
| || |
How wonderful it must be to be consciously conceived by two parents who have desired to set a special time aside from any other to co-create a child in love. Whereby these two parents have tuned into their bodies and prepared their bodies as the temples they are. Just imagine yourself now as a child that was conceived in conscious desire. What does that feel like? To know that two people took this possibility of being parents and began taking responsibility for you before you even came into being? Wow.
How do we conceive consciously? For a woman, it helps if we tune into our own cycles, our own unique dance with nature. To understand that you now carry within you the potential for life, which manifests plainly every moon when that potential slips by for another possibility to arise. In fact you have carried this potential since you were in your own mother’s womb. These eggs within you are your babes in potentia. How do you nurture them? How do you nourish them? By nurturing yourself, the vessel, you nurture and nourish and love these possible miracles. By tuning in to your body’s cycles, your body’s needs…you also develop an intimate intuitive understanding of the workings and capabilities of your body. You allow yourself to become your own expert.
For a man, although he is not born with all of his sperm, every 3 months he re-creates his seed anew. Men should likewise tune into their own unique dance with nature, which while being more subtle than his mate is still significant in how he views his own body, and that of his mate’s as well.
Much of this journey is about opening our awareness and accepting ownership of our bodies. It is also about taking personal responsibility. Let us explore some practical tips for conceiving our children consciously, with awareness and trust.
- Begin by charting your cycle (special calendars can be found on the internet to print out for this purpose or you can purchase a specially designed diary) and taking time out to honour and nourish yourself each cycle. Make a ritual out of it.
- Communicate with your mate your beliefs surrounding sex, birth, men, women, children, spirituality, etc. Explore your motivations for each. Develop an understanding of where both partners are coming from. Work through any issues that may arise. Communication is key.
- As above so below, our body affects our mind and vice versa – address your diet/ nutritional status and lifestyle. Are you consuming a good quantity of foods that are abundant with life force and therefore conducive to creating a living bodymind.
- Consider also how you move through your world. Are you active, or do you lead a mainly sedentary life? Consider your work, your play times.
- Consider your environment –physical & emotional; what can you control, what can’t you control? Can you minimize any external stressors? (including consistently negative people)
This is a wonderful journey that you are embarking on, and it requires patience and careful consideration, the time to acknowledge and change areas that need attention, the time to develop a true awareness of a new paradigm. For example, you may have cyclical issues or fertility that need working on. If it is your intent to bring children into the world even if you are not in a position to do so at the moment consider beginning a journal. Use your journal to explore your intentions, your goals, your fears or concerns, and to explore the considerations outlined above.
Mindful parenting begins now.